Thursday, April 29, 2010

Random Thoughts

As I was threatened by SOMEONE (you know who you are!) with bodily harm if I didn't update my blog, I thought I'd put a few notes down to avoid injury. :)
I just finished my last FULL semester of college (at least for the moment-graduate school is always a possibility in the future). I'm really excited/nervous about the future, but satisfied with how everything's going for now. I am taking classes for the Spring and Summer Terms, but these are much quicker-only six weeks and I'm done with the classes-thank Heavens! I was really happy with my grades from last semester-2 As, 2 A-s, and one B+. Sigh-still the elusive 4.0. Oh well! I am, unfortunately taking Statistics this term, as it is the last class I need for graduation. All I can say is, there's a reason I've been putting it off!
Our Relief Society is doing well, but we have a TON of people moving; that's the peril of living in a college ward. I was overcome this last Sunday after our lesson by a great love for all of the sisters in my Relief Society; I think that has been one of the greatest blessings of this semester (besides getting good grades when my world was going nuts). The absolute love I feel for those I work with has really helped me love my calling and love serving the Lord. It remindes me of the scripture in Mosiah 2:30 (I think) that says something like after you do everything you possibly can to serve the Lord, you'll still be in His debt because the minute you serve Him, He blesses you. I guess I can live with that!

2 comments:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

HOLY COW!!! I thought I had read my update wrong, when it said you had blogged ;) I'm glad you're receiving so many blessings. It really does help you through all the craziness. Excited to see you next weekend!

Tasha Stout said...

Howdy! I hope the semester goes well. I liked stats 1040 but not Psy stats. They are time consuming, but very interesting! I'm glad that you posted and that things are working out for you! Love you tons! See ya this weekend!