Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Graduation!











So, I finally did it! I actually graduated from college. It only took me 8 years to do it, but hey, who's counting?! Though it took me longer than anticipated, I wouldn't trade any of my life these last 8 years. What could I trade-my mission, living in Vegas with awesome friends and experiences, or moving up here to Provo? Nope, none of it.

I graduated from BYU on August 13, which was Friday the 13th, if anyone's counting! It was a fantastic day, though; no bad luck in sight!


My mom and dad came down to Provo for it, and I loved spending time with them :) It never felt real until I was walking into the Marriot Center and the Processional was playing. Then I actually started to tear up. I was lucky; one of my roomates walked in the same program that I did, so we sat together and got to entertain each other during the ceremony. Here's a few pictures; for the rest of them, look me up on Facebook! I'm much more active there!


I do want to say, though, that I'm VERY grateful to everyone who helped me achieve this: Mom and Dad for all your support (especially when I freaked out over huge assignments that I needed to finish!), Shari, Tasha and Nate for cheering me on, the rest of the family for heckling me into completing my degree :), my roomies for being awesome, and friends for being hang out buddies when I needed to release pressure, etc. Thanks for believing in me; you're all awesome!

4 comments:

Ben and Trina said...

Yeah for Tonya! I'm so happy you did it!

Tasha Stout said...

Good for you! I am so glad that you made it! Good luck with your internship!

Michelle said...

We are so proud of you!!!!!!!! Now on to the real life of job, work lots and pay off debt. Sorry for being the rain on the parade, but you know we always need rain! Love ya sis, and good luck on the finding the job and internship thing!

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

You're amazing :) Good job! It's nice to hit these milestones (even if they take a little bit longer than we thought they would :) Good job, sis!!!